2021 LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTIONS
A GOOD INVITATION TO FIX SOUTH AFRICA
- Be registered to Vote.
- Be a GOOD member.
- Live in the town or city to be contested.
- Be a person who upholds the values of GOOD.
GOOD is currently inviting applications for Councillor Candidates for each ward in the following municipalities:
- Nelson Mandela Bay
- Buffalo City
- City of Johannesburg
- Nama Khoi
- Kai !Garib
- Khara Hais/Mier
- Sol Plaatjie
- City of Cape Town
- Saldanha Bay
- Breede Valley
- Cape Agulhas
- Mossel Bay
- Prince Albert
- Beaufort West
Politics as usual has earned a reputation for profound dishonesty and an immunity from the truth. Leadership is a privilege. It is a privilege we will never abuse. We will lead in truth. Even when the truth is not popular.
Trust is something that is earned through truth. Our pledge is to be truthful and trustworthy.
South Africa remains a state of deep-rooted inequalities. Despite progress, democracy hasn’t reversed that. Equity is an outcome of addressing inequality.
The centuries of oppression and exclusion that is our country’s history still linger today. We believe in a South Africa built onspatial, social, economic and environmental justice.
We recognise the critical bonds that exist between us. This is the foundation of our society. The progress and success of the country that we share, that we call home, depends on strengthening these bonds.
The world’s climate is changing faster than scientists initially expected. We are consuming and destroying the natural resources that give us life. If we do not act, now, our environment will not be able to sustainably and reliably provide us with the homes, food and water that we and our children will need.
Public service is service of the public. Political power must embody the privilege to serve, not to be served.
- GOOD will accept applications for specific municipalities from 1 August 2020 to 30 November 2020.
- Applications must be made online at www.forgood.org.za
- Candidates must complete all parts of the application form.
- Candidates must pay the administration fee applicable to them:
R200 for a Metro Candidate
R100 for a Local Municipality Candidate.
- This fee must be paid using the online payment portal at the time of submitting the completed application form.
- The administrative fee is non-refundable regardless of whether the Candidate is successful or not; or withdraws as a candidate.
- GOOD reserves the right not to contest a municipality, in such event the administrative fee will also be non-refundable.
- Any decision to contest the municipality or not will be made by the National Leadership Committee (NLC) based on predetermined criteria.
- GOOD NLC may decide to contest additional municipalities in which event the application period set out in (1) above will not apply for those municipalities only.
- Candidates who are elected councillors will be required to pay a Candidate Fee being an amount equivalent to 5% of the annual salary of an ordinary councillor in the municipality to which the candidate is elected.
- An elected councillor’s Candidate Fee will be credited by any amount raised by that candidate, through fundraising or donations, and paid into the GOOD General Account prior to, during or immediately after the election.
- All Candidate Fees must be settled within 6 months of the candidate’s election as a Councillor. GOOD will put in place payment options for elected councillors.
- All elected public representatives will pay a monthly tithe (2.5% of salary) to GOOD, from a date after the 2021 Local Government Elections to be determined by the NLC.
- GOOD will not permit spouses or partners to serve together in the same Council.